After our first 1/5 scale off-road rc gas truck－Dragon Hammer was out, FID Racing decided to design an Electric version. That is Voltz. This job started in late 2016. In middle 2018, we launched FID Voltz, the FIRST 1/5 Scale Solid Rear Axle Off-Road Truck around the world at the time. Though there is a high demand, due to our weak marketing, we didn’t sell many.
Old Voltz is not the final version. We realized some issues with our truck. In the same time, we received a lot of feedbacks from our users reporting weak swaybar, weak center box, heavy push on a wheel under acceleration, motor mount base…., as well as demand for 12S support and Hydraulic Braking System.
This time FID Racing comes back bringing the upgraded Voltz, a Bettered version. We fixed some issues, and added 12S support and Hydraulic Braking System:
- Change from arm’s pin from 6mm to 7mm
- Change the fixing way of front gearbox by fixing it to shock tower, to restrict the vibration
- Hydraulic Braking System.
- Upgrade to support 12S system
- Refine rear shock structure, and improve on its handling
- Increase swaybar size to 5mm to allay the axis effect
- Refine the rear triangulation design to enhance strength and stability.
- New wheel
Here are some sneak peeks of the new rig: